We are delighted to say preparations are now under way to restart the 2020 season at ACE. The club committee met last night to discuss the Return to Training Guidelines issued by Football Queensland. These must be followed by players, coaches, parents and volunteers at clubs to ensure the safety of all involved.
All coaches and managers were tonight sent an email from ACE outlining our plans to return to training. This will be challenging for a club our size, but ACE plans to stagger the return to training starting on Monday June 8. Training times and schedules are now being drawn up and training drills to comply with the restrictions are being sourced.
Each age group will be notified as we work through this process.
ACE is working on a plan for all those using South Pine Sports Complex and we will make that available as soon as possible.
Here are a few examples of the guidelines:
– As of tonight, only 20 people are permitted per venue
– Social distancing of 1.5m must be followed
– Training is to be non-contact, with no shared equipment
– Parents must stay in their cars and not enter the fields
– Changing rooms will not be open.
– Toilets will open with required restrictions
– Different entry and exit points will be in place
– To see the entire document ACE is working through here’s the link: https://bit.ly/2Ms3rhH
This is the start of a long process for us all. Rules and regulations will change, dates for competitive matches have yet to be released, or the structure of each league. However, all ACE staff, committee members and volunteers are committed to make it as smooth as possible. All we ask is you help us by following the official guidelines.